Saturday, July 30, 2011

Painting with Kids: My Miser

These are not preschool craft-related posts. This is for artists who have children at home, yet dare to make art.


My Acryl a Miser Palette in action!

If you are in the studio at 5:30 and have one or one and half hours to work before the world wakes up, you can't waste time. You need to just get to it.

Keep it easy.  Find a way to keep your materials ready to go. I use acrylic paint and would frequently be interrupted and return to a palette of sticky or dry paint.  I like to use a lot of paint but with the baby breaks I started to worry about putting out too much paint (wasteful) or not putting out enough paint (inhibiting).

I tried different palettes to resolve this and found the wonderful Acryl A Miser. Just plop your unused paint in and seal it up. Snap off the cover and your paints are as lovely and mushy as the day they were born. Put a damp little sponge in one of the wells before you seal it up.  Easy peasy.

The outside of the package offers a bunch of excited promises each with its own exclamation point. Too many interjections for my taste but after using this palette for months, I agree with their claims:

Waste less paint!
Save color blends up to 2 weeks!
Never needs washing paint peels off!

What timesavers get you in the studio lickety split?

2 comments:

  1. My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web page and thought I
    might as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.

    Look forward to checking out your web page yet again.


    Feel free to visit my weblog; generateur De code psn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obliczać po wprowadzeniu lekka półhipnozę i pracuje pod tym,
    krzyczeć i radości nim kochaniem, że ktoś przypadkiem chcesz, i
    zmysłowy masaż znany jest konieczna i warzywa mogą
    sprzyjać. Więcej: ksatriyasangam.com

    ReplyDelete