Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Art Frenzy!

I am embarking on the painting a day habit.

Here is  how I came to this decision.

I recently saw the TED talk by Matt Cutts where he encourages you to try something new for 30 days.
+
I know I have not been painting as much as I used to.
+
I have wanted to try this a-painting-a-day trend.
=
So,   "Lets give it a whirl!" .
Today was the first official day of "daily painting".

Two White Roses, 7x5", Acrylic, ©Amantha Tsaros 2013
Daily Painting is the practice where the artist creates a completed painting every day (or every weekday) they are usually small format works. 6x6" seems to be the favored format. I initially was skeptical - shouldn't an artist paint every day anyway? Sure. But I haven't been - but now I am.

I will post the paintings here on my blog and will offer them for sale in auction format on the Daily Paintworks website. The small 5x7's open bidding at $30.

Let's see if I can make it a whole 30 days!



No comments:

Post a Comment