Monday, June 20, 2011

Painting with Kids: Quit Yer Bellyachin'

The time spent whining can be better used painting. Or weaving or whatever you do when you are not fetching sippy cups.

I was foolish enough to whine that I did not have enough time to do all the work I needed to do in order to apply for an exhibit.

(But nobody is watching and keeping score of my accomplishments. If I don’t apply it's okay, someone else will and she'll get the show and I'll get a full-color card. I can stay home, watch Bravo TV and eat cereal.)

My friend said, “Just do it.” I thought, “Right. YOU don’t have kids.” And then I realized.

A lot of people have kids.
And a career of their choice.
They just do it. They get up and go to work.
They just do it. Hey, as my  mom would say, “It is a lot of work and I am not dancing in the street over it.”

But they do it.
It was time to do it.

Amantha Tsaros, Moonrise Rose, Acrylic on Canvas, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment