Thursday, June 9, 2011

Painting with Kids

These are not preschool craft-related posts. This is for those who have children yet dare to make art.

Amantha Tsaros,  Pink Under The Sky, Acrylic on Canvas 6x6" 2011
I got back into the art biz out of pure envy. 
It ate me up how my toddler could just paint with abandon and joy.
I wanted to do that.

I took up painting which I had thought would be useless – hadn’t it all been done and what would I have to contribute anyway? Now my answer to that is “What? I dunno - who cares? Where is that tube of crazy green paint?”

Now, I paint with abandon and don’t worry.
It is just paint.

I paint to cover 20 years of blank canvases behind me and to cover the miles of uncovered surface ahead. I paint and show my children that Mommy has a life, kiddo. And you can have one, too.

What brought you back?

No comments:

Post a Comment