Thursday, January 24, 2013

Heartbreak and Teals


My last bottle of Cobalt Teal. 
The mourning began last fall.  My beloved Cobalt Teal is no more. Golden Paints Just Paint Newsletter spelled it out. They could no longer get the pigments they need to make Cobalt Teal and will be replacing it with some newfangled hue-on-the-block that is just plain "Teal". Hmph.

Should I hoard as much of it as possible? You can get small 2 oz tubes online at Dick Blick or bigger jars at Pearl Paint. I prefer to use it in fluid form and can't find that at all. What if I buy it and am too afraid to use it? It will just make the parting more painful.

Oh, Cobalt Teal, I was just starting to learn how to love you.

Early Summer, 9x9", Acrylic on Paper 2012 Amantha Tsaros


The last piece I created using Cobalt Teal.



No comments:

Post a Comment